- Specialized payment terms can be entered to reflect any discounts that may be applied
- As a means of calculating vendor delivery performance, the system can store both inventory promised dates and inventory receive dates
- By linking the Inventory Systems with Purchasing, retail locations and distribution centers can easily create purchase orders based on min and max stocking levels
- As purchase order items are physically received in retail locations the Inventory Management System records detailed information on the transaction including: the carrier, shipper number, date shipped and quantity received
- If necessary modules have been purchased with the tool, invoices may also be created directly within accounts payable
- Unique vendor and remit to information is located in one common screen
- Multiple contacts may be added for each new vendor, specifying their role as one of the following: sales, payables, shipping/receiving, finance, or miscellaneous.
- Vendor information may be edited or deleted from this tool
The tool automatically stores and tracks the vendor indentification numbers and text descriptions associaated with each inventory item that was purchased from the vendor
- Vendor Maintenance
Creating Purchase Orders
- Purchase orders for new vendors (and new, or replicate, purchase orders for existing vendors) may be easily created directly from the vendor maintenance screen.
- Editable vendor and ship to information is automatically carried over to the purchase order.
- Customized information such as freight costs, item costs, narratives, and starting and trailing verbiage may be added to the purchase order screen for further vendor communication
- The tool provides cyclical sales data on items, allowing the user to make more intelligent decision in the purchasing process Items previously ordered from the same vendor may be added to new or replicate purchase orders using the advances search capabilities of the tool.
- Item quantities, purchase cost, and discounts may be adjusted accordingly at this point.
- If an item is sources from multiple vendors, the system tracks unique information (such as cost, item codes, and vendor descriptions) for each item by vendor.
Receiving Purchase Orders
- Inventory quantities for received items are also updated form this screen and if the quantity received items are also updated from this screen and if the quantity received matches the order quantity, the purchase will be closed accordingly.
- Detailed receiving information may be viewed in the receivings register screen, such as receiving location, cost, transaction number, freight charges, discounts, and inventory costs.
- Item cost differences ad freight cost can be updated after the product is received to keep inventory values up to date.
Purchase orders and vendor lists may be printed, as well as be exported to Adobe PDF, or Microsoft Excel formats for electronic formatting and distribution
- Creating Purchase Orders